Thursday, December 8, 2011

Beware of Highway Robbers

The holiday seasons is here again and most guys would be traveling back homes in their cars. Be sure to check your engine oil and water in radiator which are 2 simplest chores! A couple of days ago, I saw a car which exploded and caught fire! The whole MRR2 was jammed for hours due to busy body motorists like me, slowing down to 'kay-poh', bow, pay respects and take photos! Ha ha ha, that's me!


We've read so much news about accident-robberies lately. I had my own close brush yesterday morning at 9.30am (7/12/11). I just passed Jalan Duta Toll and entered NKVE highway, driving uphill at 120kph speed along the fast lane with many cars.
Suddenly, I saw a head staring at me from my car's front passenger window. It was an Indian man riding a motorcycle so closely and he signaled me to stop my car. I was stunned while eating my bento happily. His hand gestures told me that my front left tire was smelly and emitting smoke! At once, I was suspicious and ignored him, remembering about the spate of accident-robberies. I sped faster and he also rode ahead, still turning his head occasionally to point at my tire. Now my head became unsure whether it was a genuine matter or robbery attempt. Why on earth would this jerk be so kind to risk his life in a high speed manner to notify me?
Anyway, I had a flat tire last week and it was a kind Malay family who signaled to inform me of the real flat tire. So I stopped my car after seeing the Indian motorcyclist was farther ahead of me. I got down from my car and to my horror, the Indian man stopped his bike and made a U-turn back to approach me. He was so swift to park his bike right beside my front left and squatted down to tap my tire to show me. I backed myself and stood far behind my car to take a glance at my tire. I told him that my tire was perfectly fine. He insisted that it was wobbling and emitted bad rubber smell. Next, this persistent man in his 20s stood up & pointed onto the shirt he was wearing to insist that he knows about vehicles. His dark navy blue shirt had plenty of embroidered logos which included Petronas, BMW and many others. Quickly, I just jumped into my car and sped off for my life.

Just 20 meters away, there were other Indian motorcyclists waiting and looking at their comrade haggling with me. I am so glad that I still have all my fingers intact to type this warning.


35 comments:

  1. Anay Arumugam!! where has Arumugam been missing?? Thambee misses Arumugam so much dei~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. end of the year where is Arumugam going to honeymoon with Letchumi?? driving up and down the highways and then running around the bushes and coconut trees??

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, so what actually happened to Arumugam's tyre?? Thambee doesn't understand cos it was very confusing.. suddenly the Indian motorcyclist, suddenly the Malay family~~ @_@"

    ReplyDelete
  4. so are the Indian motorcyclist good or evil?? they are your brothers from the slum back in motherland, Arumugam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luckily Arumugam is smart and vigilant enough to avoid unfortunate things from happening.. Anay you are damn smart dei~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. so did Arumugam pee in the pants when knowing the Indian motorcyclist were trying to harm Anay?? wakakakaka~ :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you. My nephew got beaten up and the drove her Mercedes Benz away...

    P.S. Where have you been?Don't see you around in my blog anymore. Buang batu already ke?

    ReplyDelete
  8. *...THEY drove HIS Mercedes Benz away...* Good grief! What was I typing? LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! your timing is ahead from the reality world. Today is 8/12/11 and you mention that the case happen on 17/12/11. Way too far you can predict what will going happen to you. :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like see before this kind of thing where my first time biggest accident i experience, there was some motorcyclist asking for money.. ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scary... Why are there so many BAD people in our world???? We have the same problems here..

    I remember, years ago, when I lived in New Orleans, we were warned not to leave anything on the passenger seat (like my purse, packages, etc.). People would stand on the corner waiting for you to stop at a stop sign or traffic light. IF you stopped---they would break your passenger window and steal your stuff--in a split second... GADS---glad it never happened to me, but it does happen.

    Merry Christmas.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Macam-macam strategy these days. Maybe you car terlalu cantik. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. So you are one of those kaypohs contributing to the jams in any accident. Why to stop and see the number then tikam 4ekor? haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never heard of the latest ruling on driving? Besides can't drink and drive you also can't eat and drive bro and some more at 120kph. Two salah-es doesn't make one right.First for speeding 2nd for eating. (juz kidding dunno there is such rule on can't eat and drive?). Next ruling maybe can't hold hands and drive or can't sleep and drive kakaka.

    ReplyDelete
  15. tQ for the reminder have received lots of cases on the similar modus operandi of these highway robberies. On the same token share a case of my female colleague who was 'kissed' lightly by a car close at midnight while driving home from TTDI. She didn't stop to check the damage, instead she floored the accelerator pedal and run for her life with the car behind hot on her heels. Sensing something is not right she drove into the closest police station to make a report and waited for some time before she begin her journey back. Wise move. So ladies, men as well while driving at night can forget about stopping the car to check for damages if you are hit by some one from behind. That amount of money is not worth your life or your car or both. Use your gut feelings and follow your heart 'to stop or not to stop' will depend on a case to case basis.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pros & cons of tinted glasses for cars, it may protect you from the sun and can hide you from the robbers but like a double-edged sword can also hide the robbers from you. We don't even know how many people are inside the dark tinted car.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Betsy from Tennessee..you have this cases in New Orleans too!. Its getting from bad to worst over our side. Here they come on motorbike and start breaking glasses at traffic light stops when they see any handbag on front passenger seat or on top of the handbrake console. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so dangerous nowadays ><><>< .. must be careful no matter where we're at

    ReplyDelete
  19. Plenty of horror stories, glad you manage to escape unharm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!
    So they are wearing a supposedly trustworthy looking t-shirt so the driver would believe them and let them "repair" whatever is "broken" and get paid.

    ReplyDelete
  21. In Jakarta, the local government has just found out that the roads are full of nails which cause many tires to go flat and reach the nearest garage by the road. But, the case has been found out so the roads are now nails free

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow so drama! exciting, thrilling, and scary at the same time! i think i would've peed in my pants if i were you LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi There, Just stopping by again to say Happy Holidays to you and yours.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  24. It happen in around the world, I feel so bad why was this happening . . .

    Simple, they got no money and wanted to rob other people. Why no money? Because it is from our govt. LOL :X

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think if you mention about Indian, most of them could be from Klang . . . opps :)

    To be specific, it is from my work place lol XD

    Because I know some of them who do towing service and car tecnician lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. yah, Holiday Season very very hot XD

    which means robbery is everywhere

    just dun let them aim at you can already.

    Smartphone, dun leave on the car sofa . . . later car mirror got smashed by motorcycle and take it lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. anyways, Merry X-mas and Happy New Year to you ^^

    and Safe a Safe Holiday

    ReplyDelete
  28. สวัสดีปีใหม่ (sawatdii pimaï)Happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks goodness you were alright! That was indeed a scary experience! BTW, Happy 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've heard so much about these & it's indeed a scary experience! I would've freaked out!

    ReplyDelete