Friday, February 1, 2013

Annual Merit Making

I was very well known amongst hometown friends for leading a very torrid and flamboyant lifestyle during my young bachelor days. I often went clubbing and drinking sprees with friends, like up to 6 nights in a row at fancy spots like Cinta Discotheque, Penny Lane, Cinnamon Tree & Babylon Boom Boom. I was there! Several married friends' wives banned their husbands from hanging out with me when they saw the bevy of pretty models and beauty queens who were Miss Penangs & Miss Malaysias in our gang. Many friends of mine were wolves and bitches who would party like there's no tomorrow. It was all nothing but fun for stupid me!

One day, my whole life changed and all the wildest partying came to a stop for me all of a sudden. I experienced long bouts of spiritual encounters with the unseen. It was so scary and horrible that I cried in fear until the Guan Yin's photo on the wall started to radiate rays of colourful lights. The worst nightmares escalated on when the unseen became visibly real in my naked eyes. I was being charmed and got possessed by some spirit which took me a long time to come clean. I had seen them all and the spiritual world is all real. If you cannot see or feel them, it does not mean they don't exist. The spiritual world is many million times bigger than our human world's dimension and they are all real. Someday we will return to where we belong.

All religions are good and they teach us to be good humans. It is our own individual fate that we are born this way in life and have different paths of religions. So we must love and respect all the fellow beings regardless of faiths and race. Our utmost duty in life is to live meaningfully each day and to help awaken others.



 

It has been over 10 years now that I will go around begging all my close friends for monetary contributions to print many thousand copies of religious sutra books, Prayers CDs and donations in cash & kinds to various orphanages. It is better to get others to donate and help out than you donating all alone by yourself. The rewards and merits will be bigger for awakening others to the righteous paths. 

This year, we must express our heartfelt & sincerest appreciation to Blogger SK (Sherman Koh) for so kindly using his wise IT skills to help us compile all the songs in this Sutra CD above which was mostly being sung by HKG's pop singers. Without his help, I would not be able to get them ready before CNY. When my wife heard the songs being played, she cried buckets of tears and I was stunned & speechless! 

A box of these CDs are on its way to reach the Taiping's Corporate Ladies - Blogger Yvonne & Blogger Yan who would be making biggest merits to place the CDs in some temples there. Gong Der Woo Liang!



My motto: 

PRAY NOW, ENJOY LATER!



If you wish to have a copy, you can email your name & address to twilightzone518@gmail.com 

**(I was surprised to receive so many emails requesting for this CD. Thank you so much from my heart for reading this blog!)





52 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You have always been a wise one and I know that!

      Delete
  2. So thankful to have SK in helping you. His skill is really appreciated. It's wise to be kind and helpful to others. Keep up the good deeds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it was a click!! when i heard from Anay that he has such a thought, i immediately told him i want to get involved.. and i guess that's how the whole thing kept rolling and finally mission done after just all the talk but no action..

      Delete
    2. This Ah Boy is a very kind hearted and helpful buddy. I think he was sent down from heavens!

      Delete
  3. Yes, all religions are good. Any religion that teaches people to be good is good. Any religion that picks on other religions is bad. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the religion is good but the interpretation from the followers that can turn it bad.

      Delete
    2. very true, and sometimes some may be even too protective and defensive about their own religion and they started to criticize others.. to me ALL religions that teaches people to be good are the same, just that they appear in different style in different religions..

      Delete
    3. Betul...and some will terpesong coz lack of understanding

      Delete
    4. It is sad that when humans have different faiths and beliefs, it could lead to big wars. Their hearts and mind need to be cultivated to higher levels.

      Delete
  4. Bananaz wanna cry tons of tears too, kamsia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send them to you tomorrow together with tissues.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I will go to Dharma chanting session on most of the Saturday evening with my two girls. I will skip only when I have other functions to attend to. So, I will bring the CDs to my Dharma chanting centre. Million thanks, Anay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eversince I join this Dharma chanting session, I find myself change a lot. I change from good to better. I am a more humble, more helpful, more caring and less temper person in a whole. So, I will keep on bringing my girls to the Dharma chanting course

      Delete
    2. I learned two important things from my Dharma class that I want to share here.

      1. Be helpful to others.
      2. Be filial to parents and grand parents.

      Delete
    3. i am sure the CD will be grabbed like hot cakes in the chanting centre.. maybe Anay needs to print more, haha~~

      Delete
    4. I will be happy whenever we have to reprint. Many friends are willing to be donors for this worthy cause. Yannie has wise ideas that we have to be helpful to others as well as being filial & respectful to our elders. It is sad that the new generation has changed.

      Delete
  6. Sharing is caring. Thank you to annay for spreading the l♥ve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both annay and thambee will be blessed until eternity for their good deed.

      Delete
    2. when i heard about this thought from Anay, i straight away told him i wanted to get involved.. not really thinking about blessings and returns, but i personally think this is very meaningful and i want to do it.. :)

      Delete
    3. Thank you Yvonne for your nice compliments. You will be blessed too once you have received the box of CDs!!!

      Delete
  7. Ah Hua likes to listen to such sutra / chanting / amitoufo songs, although I don't understand the meaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The songs are the food for my soul and my mind gets very calm, peaceful and soothing.

      Delete
    2. Now I play some amitoufo songs when I drive. No more heavy metal and rock songs like my olden days' joyride, haha!

      Delete
    3. Of course sometimes I switch to listen to my customized CD from SK :D

      Delete
    4. well, it's not entirely old style sutra and chanting, but added with lots of pop elements because those songs are performed by chinese pop singers.. i think you will love it.. :)

      Delete
    5. What a nice way to describe - Food for my soul...!!! It is precisely correct.

      Delete
  8. Anay is so good to offer to share out the CDs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anay is always a very generous person..

      Delete
    2. I am learning from others to be generous. I think I still have a long way dei.

      Delete
  9. well well well, those were the days.. i guess everyone just have their very own past, be it wild, be it bad, be it good as long as you are leading a good lifestyle now, those are just the past.. we always laughed at what we used to do when we were young right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true... I can laugh about my past and wild nights now. Ah Boy is so good Thambee with no torrid tales from hell.

      Delete
  10. so it seemed like everything is fated for you.. you had a total change and see now what kind of merits you have been doing.. i always think Anay is doing lots of charity, hahaha, a punishment for yourself for being such a bad boy last time?? hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess everyone's life is fated but they can always change it for the better or for the worse.

      Delete
  11. Anay should be glad about the sudden change, and Thambee is definitely happy for that to happen.. else if Anay still is a party animal, guess we won't even have the chance to read your blog and not to mention, even have the chance to know you.. it's all fate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am still the party animal, I might be lying in the hospital today with toxic lungs & liver..... probably reading your blogs.

      Delete
  12. great!! and it didn't take Anay long to have the promise done huh?? i remember it was just couple of weeks ago that Thambee got the list of songs from Letchumi and send to "master" CD to Anay..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes..... your solved my problems and we got moving fast. Now sent out to everyone already.

      Delete
  13. i am sure this CD will make Anay more famous, and of course by collecting the fund to print 1000s of CDs to people all over the place, it's merit more than fame.. the Buddha sure will be grateful for what Anay and Letchumi have done and will give you blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most grateful to the Buddhas for teaching us the righteous way of life to attain enlightenment.

      Delete
  14. awesome looking CD that Letchumi has put in effort to design the cover!! i am sure this will be very impressive to everyone who will be getting a copy.. i also hope they will listen from the first track down to the last one, and then cry a bucket of tears like Letchumi, haha :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I should attach tissues with the CDs in case they cry. The design is simple la. Yours could have been used if the resolution was higher for offset printing.

      Delete
  15. At one time Bananaz passed by a Sikh temple in Teluk Anson while going for my dinner en-route to KL via coastal road and heard their chanting inside. Just stood there frozen to 'enjoy' the soothing chant. Bananaz can be interested in any religious chants or songs. Love the Hillsong United and there is one particular song title very close to my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice! The songs could attract your attention and heart. I also love to listen to people chanting. The frequency is very good and strong.

      Delete
  16. A good start of the year sharing the CD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....we have been doing this annually. In later months I will drag SP to help out the orphanage!

      Delete
  17. so nice of you all... it's really heartwarming to see this highly admirable acts from bloggers like you... May God bless you all...spread the love indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. May God bless you always too!

      Delete

My Trip To Hong Kong

In a few hours time, we will be going to the airport to catch the first flight to Hong Kong for my wife's participation at the Hong Kon...