Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The South Of Thailand (Final Part 3)

This will be the final post of my recent trip to Ha'adyai in South Thailand. You will see some assorted photos that captured my eyes at the exhibition where all the participants were young primary school kids! Next post, I will be blogging about the City God's Temple in Shanghai which I left out, not knowing that some bloggers had no opportunity to visit when they were there.





This is the exterior of the convention centre in Songkhla which looks impressive for a small town.







This beautiful peacock perched elegantly above with a long flowing tail that were made of orchid flowers! The young school children made those artificial orchid flowers by themselves!




Amazing Garlic Peeler - I was impressed by this invention of 2 young boys under 12 years old. They used wood to made a container which was inlaid with some synthetic rubber sheet. Just close the lid and turn them around. Bingo! All the garlic will be peeled in 1 minute!!!!!





This is another creation of blooming flower sprays which were made from recycled PVC tapes! Those PVC tapes were often used to bind the carton boxes which would be loaded into delivery trucks.




This is another set of impressive flowers made from recycled magazine pages!







These are the winning artworks by young primary school girls. They used various types of edible seeds and dried condiments to make beautiful pictures.





Lastly, the inter schools held dance competitions by the young school girls. They performed the traditional classical Thai dances on stage accompanied by a band of young boys as musicians.



Look at that! The lead dancer could twist and bend her body like rubber!

Hope you enjoyed the photos!

37 comments:

  1. Hmmm..the garlic peeler looks like a good kitchen helper when one needs to peel lots lots of garlic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really talented kids! Below 12 some more... I like the garlic peeler... I just don't like to peel garlic but then no choice.. most dishes need to have garlic then only "heong".. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, lovely photos! I love the orchids. The peacock looks so magnificent with its tail of orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah! Love the exhibitions!

    They are bright kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dancers too!

    Respect to them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing more of the creations of these young school children. Thanks, too, for the photos of the dancers. My back hurt from simply looking at the pictures of the lead dancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photo #1: i agree with your statement dei.. the convention center looks impressive for a small town!! that's what i feel too~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Photo #2: what a nice peacock of flowers!! that's really impressive.. but then i would actually be more excited if that is carved from fruits and veggie~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photo #3: this is amazing!! very smart invention!! look at the garlic, they are still in whole cloves dei.. i would love to have this garlic peeler!! i really hate peeling garlic, did Anay buy a few back for us??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Photo #4: hehehe, flower again, nothing really excite me lah.. maybe if they make Fing-Fing using those recycled PVC tape, then i'll nominate them into the Guinness World Record~~ ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photo #5: ah, now this flowers made from magazine pages.. it's actually quite common and we can see them here too right?? at least Meow saw them somewhere and was also very excited like Anay.. only Thambee thinks they are nothing :p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Photo #6: ah, this is one of the homework we were given to do in the art class during school time!! but of course the winning work from these girls looks 3000 times nicer than those i did back then, haha!! what did i do?? i remember i just did the England flag, because it's simple!! muahahahaha~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Photo #7: awesome dancers!! look at the smile on their faces, they looked so confident and naturally spread out the charm needed to perform the dance.. love the costumes, so colorful and so traditional thai.. and better not let them catch you with their nails dei~~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Photo #8: OMG!! how acrobatic and Thambee was worrying that the bones will crack!! very entertaining and yet it can be horrible too.. but i guess the girl has spent many many years since she was a toddler training herself to do that, she must have suffered and hurt herself a lot before she can perform on stage.. salute and bravo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful peacock. The magazine flowers are actually Japanese Kusudamas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the garlic peeler. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those flowers! I think I know how to make them too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wah!! Amazing lead dancer bending and twisting her body like that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. huhu, finally part 3, enjoyed with those picture~ wish to travel there too~ =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely floral arrangements. They're really very artistic people...

    P.S. Special mention in my blogpost today. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want that garlic peeler, and I want those kids to invent a pistachio nut peeler/sheller/whatever you'd call it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anay aways sees yhe most interesting things la

    ReplyDelete
  23. If u didn't say the orchids r fake, I really thought it's real. Peacock very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just thibk how creative they r to come up with those invention. I like the garlic peeker . U know me la. Me lazy one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhhh! I'm really impressed with the garlic peeler. I won't mind having that in my kitchen. Definitely will make my cooking easier! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm always impressed by the girls being able to bend and twist their body.. I cannot imagine myself doing this !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm truly impressed! Hey, my birthday's coming.... I would love to have the peacock. Hint hint! ^_^ Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for the postcard of Haadyai a pretty nice place from a mata burung view.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Primary school kids?!!! They are way too creative at such age.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The dancers are so flexible and their confidence shown at their face. Thanks for the nice pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the flowers that made from PVC too, it looks real.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Their inventions are very creative and pretty! I liked the boy’s garlic peeler and magazine flowers, rather gorgeous peacock. Spectacular dance movements

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like the artworks, remind me of my art and craft sessions in schools when I was in Primary School.

    ReplyDelete

My Trip To Hong Kong

In a few hours time, we will be going to the airport to catch the first flight to Hong Kong for my wife's participation at the Hong Kon...