I am back from the short cruise vacation to Thailand. It was a memorable trip to relax and get pampered by the excellent crew. I will definitely join longer days of cruise in future after enjoying the first class treatment on board Star Cruise's Libra ship.
1. It was an impromptu booking we made during the recent MATTA Fair and got a discounted deal from Hwajing Tour's booth. They are really good and provided 3 big comfortable buses from KL to bring the passengers right up to the berthed ship @ Penang's Port in Weld Quay.
2. I will be posting 2-3 rounds of this cruise trip in my blog. This posting will be a simple outline, yeah. Here the above is the long narrow corridors leading to the rooms that were located on 10 floors!
We had the highest level on the 8th floor!
3. This is the typical room where it is really comfortable with nice classy furnishings and thick carpets. We pushed the beds to join up as a Queen size!
The bathroom has shower and sink with towels & toiletries provided. However, it is quite small like 4' X 5.5' only with tiny shower cubicle. It would be risky for very fat passengers to shower without getting stuck inside. I had problems to turn and could not soap my toes! Well, I am not complaining as we cannot expect a cruise ship to give you luxury sized bathrooms! If you want superior rooms with a tub, you can book their VIP suites.
4. This is the view from our room's window. In between the 2 life boats, you can see the island of Phuket where all the million dollar homes of expatriates are perched with the panoramic ocean view of the beautiful emerald green Andaman Sea.
5. On the last day, we headed to Krabi where the ship had to berth & anchor itself away from the mainland which has no proper jetty's port to receive huge ships. I think the waters were too shallow with corals beneath. We took small boats to reach Krabi.
6. They have 4 restaurants serving Western & Chinese meals where you could eat as much as your tummy could take.
7. I ate like pigs and put on 5 kgs in 4 days!!! I am not kidding! You would eat like me when you realised all the food and dishes were superbly cooked to perfections.
8. They served 4 meals per day inside the restaurants and poolside as well with rotating serving hours. The chefs would prepare only the best meals using the finest ingredients that could please any fussy diners.
9. Every night, they had foreign World Class entertainment shows which included musical dance varieties, comedies, sensational adult shows and jaw dropping magic show that could be on par with David Copperfield or David Blaine! We were served free Moji welcome drinks too!
Oh yes, I tried my luck at the casino too!
10. They have many facilities to suit the lazy ones as well as hard core gym freaks like me. They have very lovely jogging tracks around the whole ship to please my wife who was training hard for her coming Stanchart Run next month. It was heavenly to run at sunrise to be greeted with the waves of the ocean and golden rays of rising sun!
11. The ship has various activities for young and old plus farewell entertainments on the last day. You would feel like Kings and Queens on vacations!
See how happy I jumped!!