It was the best Merdeka Celebrations I ever had in my life on board a cruise ship in high seas. It was so much fun to see merry makers and happy faces from all walks of life coming together. There was so much eating. drinking and dancing with high tempo music!
1. The pianist was always there to serenade the guests with his lovely music! What a classic & fantastic way to welcome us, as one by one arrived on board. There was so much cheap duty free bargains to browse even before checking into my room! Crazy!
2. The ship drifted away from the Port Of Penang Island, all the guests had to gather at their designated decks to be taught on the Emergency Drill's procedures! It was great to know that we will have ample time and rescue boats to jump onto easily if anything happens. Their foreign crews were all professional to teach and show us everything.
3. The minute the drill was finished, their Merdeka Celebrations and Welcome Ceremony was ready on the highest level deck where the 2 swimming pools are. How nice!
4. Yes our beloved country is 57 years old now. We have come a long way to achieve the peaceful and harmonious country which is really being envied by many countries. The above beautiful ice and vegetable carvings were done by their expert chefs!
5. Everyone assembled on this highest level deck which was an awesome place like heavens.
6. You will start to see many food photos in this post and coming ones to understand how I could balloon up to 5 kgs! Just eat 0.25kg each meal will do.
I may not post every meal I had as it might be boring!
7. The guests and crew were all fully excited and happy! I love the spirit of these Malaysians and foreigners!
8. The half naked men were having fun jumping from the cold jacuzzi to the warm one.
9. The dancers performed a few dances before the ship's captain came to give a warm welcome speech. He is from Sweden and all the other captains are also from Sweden while the ship is originally from Norway. It doesn't surprise me that Sweden has a long history with their Vikings being good navigators in the seas since ancient times.
10. These half naked men enjoyed themselves so much amidst all the stares and cameras! LOL
11. Our National Anthem's "Negera Ku" was played and a giant tray of cup cakes was brought in.
12. Ooops! Respect! Respect! All the half naked men had to stand up like sotongs!
Muahahaha! Many people laughed at them!
13. I was impressed by their expert hands in cutting and slicing the pineapples in seconds!
14. Hawker food was a welcome sight. Drool! Drool! The Mee Rebus gravy was nice to drink like a soup without its noodles!
15. The barbeque section had all kinds of well marinated meat and fragrant seafood to blow your mind!
16. Breads and Salads from all over the world to please.
17. A real glutton's haven of sweet desserts ~ cakes, pies, jellies & kueh-kuehs!
18. Oooooh! Look at that sinful Pulut Rice cakes with kaya!!! Yummy!
19. Oh dear ~ I forgot what this Chef was frying.
20. I remembered this was the popular vegetable wrap from Korea! This is always seen on KBS dramas and the guests loved them!
21. Burp! Burp! It was just my first meal and went to take a short nap as the ship sailed into sunset!