It has been 8 months since my beloved mother has left this world.
I am always grateful for the good life, education and teachings
she had given me. Now everything is like a dream to me.
Life is just an illusion. Was it real?
I have been the only sibling who has been arranging with
the Thai Temple's monks to conduct special prayers for
my mother from time to time. My other siblings have nicknamed
me as CTO (Chief Temple Officer) because of my better
understanding and knowledge in religious matters.
I am the youngest but I am louder than them so they
have to obey my beliefs for their own good.
1. The grand entrance to the Thai Temple @ Wat Chetawan - Jalan Gasing
Petaling Jaya which is near to University Hospital and University Malaya.
2. They have impressive steps of Naga guarding the entrance to the Main Temple Hall.
3. Many devotees come to pray at this temple daily. It would be full on every weekend with people coming to make merits for themselves and their families. Some brought their new cars there for the monks to bless for better safety and smooth journeys.
4. There is a shrine for the 4 Faced Buddha which is similar to the one
in Bangkok's Erawan Shrine which suffered a bomb blast recently.
5. There is a bell tower at the side.
6. This morning was the 2nd time I hired a Thai Chef from Bangkok
to cook special delicious Thai Food as our offerings to the Thai Monks
as part of the rituals of merit making for my late mother.
7. Anyone can go there and ask the Thai Chef to cook for the monks.
He runs a small Thai Food Canteen behind the temple daily.
Everyday the visitors to the temple would have their meals there
where the prices are very reasonable.
8. I have been going there so frequently since my mother's passing
and have become friends with all the monks. One Thai monk asked me
to teach them proper conversation English and I could not refuse
after much thoughts. We have regular night classes there beneath the
main temple hall (see the small windows below)
9. It has been challenging for me to teach them English
using the Thai language as translation and guide. I always
had to be careful at all times and remind myself to be respectful
with strict manners & rightful speech!
I always had to slap my face when I wanted to
Please continue to conduct prayers and merit making
for all your loved ones who have departed.