Yogyakarta Trip (Part 1)
We were away to Yogyakarta, Indonesia during the recent Chinese New Year
as I was not able to celebrate during the mourning period. We had a very good
time staying at the best Resort Hotel besides visiting the ancient Borobudur,
Prambanan and Mount Merapi Volcano.
The folks in Yogyakarta are very warm, polite, friendly
& VERY FUNNY too!
I have to hurry up and post all the photos before we head off to Japan
next week. There will be 3 'quickie' postings starting from today.
1. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Yogyakrta which is a blissful
5 Star Hotel.
2. The hotel sits on 22 acres of Golf Course land with lovely green
landscapes and view of Mount Merapi Volcano.
3. My sifu-wife loved to do her Tai Chi daily.
4. You will see beautiful water and landscapes everywhere
you walked & turn. It was like heavens to me.
5. This is the entrance with ponds. Their service is fabulous and the PR staff
welcomed us on arrival. She guided us all the way to our room and
explained all the details gracefully.
6. This 5 Star hotel is worth staying and please check the price
online to see the surprise! It is very affordable for anyone.
7. They have several swimming pools all over the place
with many private corners for you to relax on deck chairs.
8. The restaurant has the best chefs who prepare sumptuous
& delicious long buffet spread for breakfast and dinner.
9. The buffet tables line from indoor all the way to the pool side
in the outdoors! My waist line exploded of course!
10. There was a Dinner Show to watch the Ramayana On Ballet!
11. The whole place was fully booked with so many foreign guests
and so much delicious Javanese Buffet Food was served.
RANDOM FUNNY SIGHTS!!
12. All the bus stops are very high because the doors of the buses
are very high up too. That way, they can only pick up passengers
up from the high platform of bus stops! How clever!
13. I saw funny youths pretending to cry and ask the statue for
forgiveness! Their friend took their photo at the Sultanate Museum.
14. We went to eat at a famous and unique restaurant where the
past President, VIPs and movie stars dropped by.
It is called Warong Tempo Doelo.
15. The chef stood behind the whole table full of
mouthwatering dishes from Jawa!
It is so unique and traditional styled.
16. Look at the men's toilet at the new Yogyakarta Airport.
If you zoom closer, you could see that they shielded the
urinary bowl with plastic to prevent spills. OMG!
They pasted a chart on the wall to check your
urine colour! Wakakakaka
17. This is the Urine Chart.