Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Went for Meeting & Chicken.

This morning, I headed to KPMG Towers to have my regular long meeting with my Japanese client Hideyuki Yamamoto who had just returned back from Tokyo last night. We always had to spend 1-2 hours discussing and updating all relevant jobs that are still running in progress. Actually the meeting could easily wrap up in mere 15 minutes if not for the English communication breakdown and nonsensical men talks. My client thinks I am a clown sometimes to crack him up so much.

Yamamoto-San is a young bachelor in his early 30s who hails from Kanagawa, somewhere just outside Tokyo. He is very thin with milky white skin plus Naruto looks and carries extremely polite manners of a typical Japanese with many courtesy bows at me on the left & right, front & back! So I just followed whatever he does lah. So cute to see me bow 5 times and hait hait hait hait.... Kekekekekeke

He told me that he loves Kuala Lumpur so much for its abundance of streetscape greenery environment & relaxed lifestyle. He really wishes to be based here forever instead of Tokyo City that never sleeps. The lifestyle there is way, too competitive in fast lanes and we all know that too. I will never want to overwork in their offices and die at my work table. When I was in Tokyo last 2 winters ago, I often saw many office buildings still had working lights on till wee hours, as we were heading back to our hotel in Akasaka area. Do you know that Tokyo has been ranked the biggest city in the world since many years ago? New York City is always ranked Number 2.

He excitedly reminded me that there will be a very long holiday break this month. He has booked himself a trip to Siem Reap and Phnom Penh for 4 days of fun and sightseeing all alone by himself. Suddenly, I became worried for him as he had not booked any hotels or engage a tour guide to show him around Angkor Wat. So I spent the next 1 hour to share my own experience in touring all the ancient ruins around Angkor Wat. He thought that he could easily hail street taxis and hop onto public buses everywhere like KL. After hearing my horror stories, his eyes went wide with pale face and started perspiring cold sweats. Hihihihi... I assured him that the swaying nightlife along the boulevards lining the rows of pubs and cafes would keep him drunk & happy every night. Finally, I made his adrenaline raced with excitement now.


****

The meeting ended and time for me to find the chicken. I bowed and bowed my way to his office's door. I bade him Sayonara to adjourn for my lunch. Yes, I have long wanted to try this curry chicken rice at the old wing of the connected shopping mall.





I have a blogger friend who has boasted that he has been eating this curry chicken rice at least 4 times a week for many-many months now. I think he has grown chicken feathers by now for his serious incurable addiction for their curry chicken.






Oh well, I have finally eaten this curry chicken now. I could understand my friend's serious addiction better as I could taste its flavourful thick gravy with sufficient aromatic spices. They were 2 chunks of lean meat with 3 potatoes to please me. I upgraded my set meal with a big glass of Iced Lemon Tea that costs extra 99 sen. The total bill was RM11.60 and I will be back again soon.




***






29 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it and we can meet for our curry chicken treat next time.
    You should recommend it to your japanese friend as well. Japanese loves curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would be growing chicken feathers if I eat so often at your pace!
      I was told by my Japanese room mate once that their folks only love their own curries and not those using coconut milk or santan. They might puke and get convulsions! Heeheeheehee!

      Delete
    2. You've got a point. The Japanese curry is so different from our Hainanese recipes.

      Delete
  2. The price is so reasonable, I love curry chicken rice anytime but cannot eat too often as afraid of getting sore throat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curry chicken rice in SG also costs 11.50 but in Sing Dollars, muahaha

      Delete
    2. Yes the price is reasonable by our standard but very dirt cheap for Singaporeans! Please visit JB every week and help our falling economy. There are lots of nice food in Melaka, KL, Ipoh and Penang too. Go shopping too!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah he surprised me that he didn't book any hotel. I always would book hotels like 6 months or 1 year ahead to get the best secured deals.

      Delete
  4. I thought you were going to take your Japanese client for some chicken....but then you bowed and left. And then I thought you were going for some Korean chicken...but then you ended up at TCRS. I've never really liked TCRS and hasn't been in one for years....and they didn't have curry chicken then (perhaps I should give this a try, eh?). Who can resist singing along to its catchy tagline....Chicken rice and more....puck puck puck puck puck! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also did not eat at this outlet for a very long time as they don't serve any oink-oink dishes. I only enjoyed their fried taugeh only.... So this time, my curiosity was all time high to check on my friend's insane craving for their curry chicken, eating several times weekly for many months! He was so damn gila babi and would patronize all different TCRS outlets across Klang Valley. Now I would agree that it is quite tasty and appetizing but I would never be crazy like him. I can now confirm that my friend is a bit crazy with loose screws. Muahahahahaha Hope he reads this again...

      Delete
  5. Eh, why you did not take your Japanese friend to lunch? What is he going to eat then? I seldom eat at TCRS now. Have tried it a very very very long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally when I arrived, I had to go around and offer my greetings with customary bows to all the Japanese managerial staff inside and do the same when I take my leave with parting bows and flowery wishes!!
      I would wish to invite that Japanese client alone to eat but not possible as I would have to invite the whole office along which includes their Managing Director, all senior managers and staff who all speak Nihon-Go.....to eat kari ayam with me!! Wakakakaka kiok Kiok Kiok Kiok.......

      ** As I had replied above that they may not eat kari Ayam with santan. That Yamamotto-san told me that he suffered diarrhea for 2 weeks when he first arrived KL. I was not surprised.

      Delete
    2. Oh, so there is a whole office of them. I thought only one client. I was surprised to see that I last ate at TCRS in Nov 2015 and I thought it was so very, very, very long time ago.

      http://muntalksfood.blogspot.my/2015/11/alternatives.html

      I think I have tasted the curry chicken before. Your friend is really something, to like the curry chicken here so much. Maybe it is a certain waiter/waitress here who is the real reason.

      Delete
  6. Agree, the Japanese are so polite! I thought you would go with your Japanese friend for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I need to draw line with him as he is my client and not a friend. Whenever I traveled overseas, I prefer not to include friends again after so much bad experience. I only enjoy going with my wife alone which is a bliss and real relaxation.

      Delete
  7. Agree, the Japanese are so polite! I thought you would go with your Japanese friend for a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice you could get the chicken and curry. The dish looks very delicious. Thanks for the compliment for Japanese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! the title of this blog post is so funny and doesn't relate to each other. Btw, your client is so polite...Rarely we can get polite client...but well, the Japanese are indeed polite and have courtesy. Last time I also deal with Japanese partners, they brought us souvenirs each time they visited us. During the first meeting, their senior manager even checked with us on the proper dresscode when visiting our place coz he fear that he would not dressed formal enough for our meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like Naruto? Wah. Curry chicken recipe by Chef Ismail?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like their steamed chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been to TCRS for a long, long time but now you have tempted me with this curry dish ..haha. Just googled their menu and noticed that it has changed a lot from my last visit. Got roti canai, roti bakar and all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really surprise that you guys can find a good curry chicken in a chicken rice shop! Will try it out if got chance LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. aiyoyo....i thought what meeting and chicken LOL.

    same as Sharon Dass....I havent been to TCRS for long time already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh..The Chicken Rice Shop... I walk past it every time I am at 1-U. Never thought of trying and since you say the curry chicken is good, then I must try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's nice to meet japanese and other foreigners who enjoy living in kl - it reminds us not to take our own city for granted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The picture shows the chicken rice taste good and similar to Indian recipe… the Tokyo life sounds stressful and I am sorry for him. I think if he continue to meet and communicate with you will turn his lifestyle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wahhhh...TM! New layout.. macam upgraded! Nice, I like it... Chicken rice shop.. always hear it on the radio but never tried the food there before... Price is reasonable enough..

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a good laugh reading the interaction between you and your Japanese client. It is so kind of you to teach him so many thing by the way. Wow wow wow! The curry chicken rice is a steal, I must go and try too.

    ReplyDelete

My Trip To Hong Kong

In a few hours time, we will be going to the airport to catch the first flight to Hong Kong for my wife's participation at the Hong Kon...