Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Malaysia International Wushu Tournament 2017

I accompanied my wife last weekend for the 2 day event which was held at The One City. It was an exciting time to give my support to my wife who had been practicing very well for many years. It was the first time seeing so many foreign participants from China, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore and others which attracted a big audience to this spectacular event.

I am extremely pleased with my wife's success when she won in her categories for Sabre and Sword Fighting. She displayed very well and vowed the panel of judges to clinch a GOLD and a BRONZE medals.

In less than 2 weeks, she will be competing again in Hong Kong with her team of Tai Chi experts against many other participants from whole China and many countries on this world's stage level.


 DAY 01:


 All participants from all nationalities had to march in
and assemble at One City. My wife belongs to the
famous Hua Ying Wushu & Tai Chi Academy which
is owned by a famous Henan instructor who had won
many Wushu championships in Mainland China.




 The excited participants came all the way from China, Taiwan,
Indonesia, Singapore and others.



  

Many young & talented participants like
the novice monks in yellow robes attracted
many audience.



Everyone could not stop clicking photos of these
Shaolin Novice Monks! They just stared at me
with poker faces.

 DAY 02:

  
My wife has been practicing yoga daily therefore
her flexibility is still awesome.
Her toes can stretch out to cubit my nose!
OUCH!



 She can easily do the Yoga's head & hand stands too.
Sadly, I cannot even touch my toes. 
Can you?




 My wife beat all the foreign participants &
won a GOLD medal for this Sabre event.




 I was thrilled & over the moon
when I heard her score was 8.80!
I knew that she had beaten all others.



 She won a BRONZE for this Sword fighting category.
Her score was 8.58 which was so close to the
Gold and Silver medalists by 2 numbers.



 In my eyes, her Sword movements were graceful
and swift all the way. She is the winner in my eyes.
Hundreds of people congratulated her in her facebook
and warned me to behave myself otherwise
she might chop me down like a tree!
Muahahahaha



Practice Makes Perfection.



This young Ms Lauren is a talented participant who
has bagged many Gold medals. Both her parents have
fully supported & encouraged her all the way.





Graceful Fan Dance participants of my wife's Tai Chi School.




A senior Chinese Hui Muslim from Mainland China.




Participants could swirl & fly swiftly with pole.



Another participant who could fly up in the air with a pole.




This was my all time favourite too!
I always wish to be a boxer or Muay Thai fighter.
I love violence sports always.




 The audience loved all the team events and cheered 
very wholeheartedly.




Aiyoyo! Our friend just knocked out from exhaustion and
slept right on the carpet! These Chinese Mainlanders are so
famous for doing anything without qualms.
Heeheeheehee!


****

43 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your wife! She is a very accomplished lady, so many talents and so courageous. Can climb mountain, can wield a sword, can be so graceful. And can cook very well too! So when are you taking up Muay Thai?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most women today are good leaders in their own fields. Just like you who is the queen of calculators and kitchen wok.
      I have been lingering around the Muay Thai centre near my home and those young & muscular fit men put me to shame. My bones might crack up like broken cookies.

      Delete
  2. Hi! Congratulations on the Sabre gold medal of your wife!You are the happiest man in the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saito-San. You are right that I am always the happiest man with all her success in everything.

      Delete
  3. Really Geng la your Wife! Congratulations to her once again! I guess it is not easy to achieve this, needs lots of practice and effort to make it perfect. I guess you do not need to be careful as your friends mentioned, you are such an adorable hubby to your wifey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is not easy to achieve this without sheer determination & willpower! I am adorable??? Wakakakaka

      Delete
  4. Wow, heartiest congratulations to your wife! She is amazing and so are you as a very supportive spouse.
    No, I can't touch my toes and I am terified of yoga ..lol. My bones will cry.

    I love these photos that you took - so many nice poses that show their flexibility.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying for years and all my life to touch my toes but failed. I guess both my hands are too short lah. Muahahaha

      Delete
  5. Congratulations to your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wife looked awesome

    You are such a supportive hubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that she looks awesome and stunning when she wears that costume with full make up. I am always supportive in her hobbies.

      Delete
  7. Of course I can touch my toes...it just depends which way. Certainly not the way your wife does it...haha! :D Congrats to your wife for winning more medals...she does Malaysia proud! Eh, no photos of your wife's prize giving ceremony? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL What a joker! That means I could touch my 10 toes too. The tournament was too fast and they didn't have time to hold prize giving ceremony.

      Delete
  8. Congrats to Letchumi!

    And thank you for sharing with us all the action photos there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mak Glam! My own photos suck, so I had to borrow from good sources.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations to your wifey, well done!
    I always admire those wushu people, their movements always looks powerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that their performance requires special skills to show their impressive energy & strengths.
      Thank you for your kind wishes.

      Delete
  10. congrats to ur wife! she looks 'cool' and fierce when holding sword...u better behave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      Oh well, I am always well behaved and purrs.

      Delete
  11. Congrats to your wife! Yes I agree with the general advice for you to better behave yourself and don't be naughty or else you will kena from your powerful wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      Even her eyes are powerful with the stares. HaHaHa...

      Delete
  12. Congratulations!
    My daughter was there too. She got silver medal for junior taichi-24. I hope she will be consistent learning taichi like your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      Congratulations to your daughter too. Hope she will enjoy this healthy activity always. Will she take up sword and sabre too?

      Delete
  13. bravo! your wife is truly multi-talented - what a wonderful woman! :) what a cool event, btw ... and nice pics by yap! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my wife is indeed a multi talented WONDER WOMAN! There is nothing she cannot do.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on your wife's achievement! Gosh, her body's so flexible! You better be careful not to make her angry. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      Making her angry is the last thing I would ever do.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations to your wife! Wow, you are correct. I can't touch my toes. Haha. It's so cute to imagine your wife pinching your nose with her toes. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      To be precise, she could put her foot into my mouth too. Muahahahaha

      Delete
  16. Wow, she’s amazing and exhibits superb talent! Be careful dude. lol
    She deserves medals and nice capture on the other wonderful participations…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was confident that she had put up a good performance with all her years of hard work.
      I hope that someday you will be able to watch this live.

      Delete
  17. Congratulations to your wife! That is impressive! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      She will move on to the next level of competition in Hong Kong this month.

      Delete
  18. Congratulations to your wife and you are a great supporter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      I will always be supportive.

      Delete
  19. Fuiyor!! Your wife is indeed very geng!! I don't think I can do the split so gracefully like she did, though I had done yoga for years!
    Congratulations to your darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      I am wondering whether one's body & bones are different hence the flexibility would be limited no matter how hard we pull & stretch.

      Delete
  20. I really salute Letchumy, she does so well in whatever she wants to do. i can see you are so proud of her. Congrats once again to both of you.

    ReplyDelete

The Day My World Ended

At sunrise of 3rd August, my wife came to fetch me in her brand new car. She sped all the way through the morning traffic to Shah Alam. It w...