Friday, September 15, 2017

How To Make A Happy Fruit Hamper

I need to share my first ever fruit hamper before venturing into my spooky & paranormal posts from next week. Let me blow my trumpet again to see my brilliant home made fruit hamper. Please be my judge whether I am qualified to become a Fruit Hamper retailer?? It all started when I heard that an old friend is suffering from Stage 4 of Pancreatic Cancer which gave me chills and a tinge of sadness. Usually the pancreatic cancer is the most dreadful of all the cancers that could inflict a human. The Apple's guru Steve Jobs also suffered from this cancer for 2 years without much treatment while the Hollywood actor Patrick Swayze died within 18 months. Some patients died in less than 6 months and it all depended on one's body immunity and strengths with the right positive minds. Remember that many patients could heal themselves of any sickness by using their own positive mind which has been scientifically proven. I always admire and salute those who practice yoga daily as this routine would be the best for our mind, body & soul. Fast forward, the yoga would really assist one's soul to emerge out well when their body dies! Ask all the yoga experts like Hayley, Elaine and my wife. They would swear that yoga is the best!


  
I went to Daiso and bought the biggest basket for RM5.90.
My friend could recycle this basket and use it to wash
his smelly underwear or panties. Muahahaha
I also bought transparent wrappers for just RM1.00 each.



 I bought many assorted fruits and hoped that my friend
could blend them into juices. Most patients would experience
constipation when they undergo various chemotherapy 
treatments. The fruits would be the best relief food and
I wanted lots of lemons too. When one has cancer, their
blood would be very acidic which is very harmful 
and lemon is the richest fruit that could turn our body's acidic blood into alkaline.
We should drink lemon water as often as possible
as it would be helpful to prevent diseases besides
washing away all our fats to slim down.



 Just arrange all the fruits into the basket
and place the Ong-Lai in the middle.


  
Next step, I wrapped it with the transparent wrapper
and clinged the hamper together with cellophane tape.


  
Tie the top with gold ribbons as decoration.



Finally, I curled the ribbons with the edge
of scissors and pasted a Captain America's
Get Well Card for my friend.The personalized
card is also home made.




 Taa Daa! The final product of my fruit hamper.
The total cost would be RM68.00 for the
fruits, basket and wrapper. I think the average
florist would charge at least RM200.00 for this size.





I drove to my friend's house which is just 2 minutes away in the same neighbourhood. I gave him the fruit hamper and wished him well & speedy recovery. He was so surprised and touched with happy tears in his eyes. I have known him for over 20 years while he was still attached to RTM and he once helped me to introduce a speaker to appear in the "Money Matters" programme. 



I passed him the form which was downloaded from the website of Hospis Malaysia and introduced to him all the palliative care which will be provided by the Hospice Team without any fees which includes the regular visits by their professional nurses and doctor to the patient's home in Klang Valley. They would provide very useful care and advice to the patients and their families especially if the patient is bed ridden and unable to go to hospitals for check ups. The nurses and doctors would often provide various medicines including the morphine when needed, all for free. The patients could also borrow the special remote controlled bed, air mattress (anti bed sores), wheel chair, walkers, bed pans, oxygen tanks for breathing and others from Hospis Malaysia after submitting the referral form with their doctor's signature.  All these valuable services are free and made possible by the generous financial support and donations from conglomerate companies and the kind public. Please do your loved ones a favour by sharing with them this when you see that they are suffering from terminally ill sickness. Prince William and wife were so impressed to hear about Hospis Malaysia which was initiated & set up with the help of the Hospice care in United Kingdom and flew into Kuala Lumpur to visit their centre in Cheras. I have blogged about this long ago - HERE


If you have any above questions or just wanna say Hello to me, this is my email - twilightzone518@gmail.com

HAPPY WEEKEND!



***


50 comments:

  1. God bless you for your kindness and compassion. Yes pancreatic cancer is the worst cancer (my sister died within 9 months too)and yoga is the best exercise. BTW Kasih Hospis (Petaling Jaya) is hosting a charity carnival on 24/9/2017 at Bandar 1Utama Club house. Do drop by and support, yours truly and my school mates are having a booth and selling our cakes and cookies. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I am sorry to hear about your sister. RIP.
      I regret that I could not visit the charity carnival as I was away. Hope your cakes all laku and sold out.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. My friend lost appetite and could not swallow food. He went for normal check up to hear the devastating news. Others would have experienced pain before checking up but not for my friend's case as he had no pain earlier. Now at Stage 4, it is crucial and weakening him.

      Delete
  3. Anay is a good friend.

    And thank you for the info about Hospis Malaysia.
    I read about your post abput ot and you & Letchumy are angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes and hope that you will always share with anyone who needs palliative care from Hospis. Thank you again.

      Delete
  4. God bless you TM! Eh, your fruit hamper is very nice lah. This Ah Hong Chee whole life never attempted to wrap hamper. It's a very good idea to DIY ones gifts to friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. Wrapping our own fruit hampers would save time and money with the best chosen fruits.

      Delete
  5. Wah.....fruits are good. If am I'll, nice to get fruit hamper too.


    Can rival Wenn in wrapping hampers jor.

    SK also very pandai wrap hamper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all hamper sifus. I am just learning lah.

      Delete
  6. Your DIY fruit hamper is from your heart so of course it looks very nice and is priceless! Your friend is so blessed to have you as his friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I will be giving him another hamper soon and only filled with fresh lemons!

      Delete
  7. The hamper is made with love and care and the personalized card looks so cheerful, you inspired me to do more charity work and care more for the less fortunate.

    Once again, kudos TM and well done.

    Get well soon to your friend Chuah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you are so smart to put the pineapple in the middle so that you can wrap it and tie it in the middle

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind wishes. I was tossing the fruits all over the basket until I had no place except the middle for the pineapple. It looked prominent in the middle yeah.
      It is good that you spare the time to do any charity. Not many people have time nowadays. Even short prayer dedications could ferry the lost souls.

      Delete
  8. Here's praying for a swift recovery for your friend! Positive energy to him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes and prayers.

      Delete
  9. Ok, can-lah...you can be fruit hamper retailer. Next time we need a fruit hamper....we order from you...kekeke! :D Only two things I would change (that's just my personal taste)...1) I like the gold ribbons in your first photo, not curly all the way to the top like Goldilocks' hair...wuahahaha! ;D 2) I'd use a rattan basket instead of plastic. Your friend is so blessed to have a caring friend like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rattan baskets are so expensive like over RM20 for good ones but they have limited uses other than display more fruits. The plastic basket could keep stuffs, potatoes, onions and underwears too! Muahahaha

      I would have chosen red & blue ribbons to match with Captain America's theme but I only had gold ones at home.

      Delete
  10. Such a good heart and thank you for sharing. I am always in awe of your positivity and optimism in life. You know how I feel from my blog, and it pays to read your comments and then your entries in here. Bless be your heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I hope you would always remain strong and positive in life. Remember that everything is just an illusion along the journey in life. We need to take the middle paths in everything. Mabuhay!

      Delete
  11. TM, you are a genius and a lovely friend! I will wrap my own hamper next time following your footsteps. The pineapple head sticking out on top is really creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I am sure your friends would appreciate your gift hampers.

      Delete
  12. Instead of buying something readymade, though we buy things outside, arranging ourselves using our idea and homework really make a touch. Glad you decided to surprise him with this fruit hamper and presenting him with forms that would help his treatment from home. I too wish him positive thoughts and tense free mind-set to face the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. The hampers here are selling like expensive jewels when the cost of the fruits could be very low. I do hope that my friend could recover.

      Delete
  13. wah, personally wrapped fruit hampers! I want musang king durian, mangoesteen & some langsat! tqvm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walau-Eh!! Make sure you receive it when it is durian season otherwise I would wrap a bunch of buah petai for you as a bouquet. Wakakaka

      Delete
  14. Wow, that's so brilliant! That'll save a lot compared to the pricey hampers those florists charge. I'm sure he'll enjoy all the healthy fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that hampers and flower baskets are expensive esp in Singapore. I love to see the different creativity of flowers and hampers in your republic.

      Delete
  15. Sending positive vibes to your friend. That is such a lovely fruit hamper. I have never wrap hampers myself but I've received several to know that they indeed light up our days tremendously when we are down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. I had never received one myself and do hope that it would cheer up my friend always that he has caring friends around wishing for his recovery.

      Delete
  16. Wow, you are so talented! DIY definitely can save a lot if compared with store bought! Thumbs up to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some catalogues where the fruit hampers are priced beyond RM200 to 300!! I am just learning to be creative like you who could decorate your food so well.

      Delete
  17. Kudos TM! Now can be hamper man also ah... thanks for sharing.. now I have an idea on what to do and give to my friends next time.. you made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. It is easy to wrap. We should buy the basket, wrappers and ribbons ready for last minutes. No need to rush except just to pick up some fruits will do.

      Delete
  18. Hi! You are a very tender hearted man. I hope you friend recover a little by little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes. My friend had his 3rd Chemo session this week and he is coping well.

      Delete
  19. So sad to hear about that. I must practice yoga more often and introduce it to other friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to wake up and change your lifestyle instead of rotting inside the karaoke rooms so often. Good to hear that you will resume your yoga.

      Delete
  20. Anay TM is always so kind and generous to everyone. I would be touched too if I were him. It is not because of the gift, it is because of the support and care that you showed to your friend.

    Besides, i feel touched when I see you giving English tuition to those orphans . Kudos to you, Anay.

    It is my pleasure to know you. I feel proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes.
      I am such a small fish and wish that I could do more to help awaken the people to spread the spirit of charity. This place is indeed a sad place to see selfish and greedy people fighting everyday. Now we have the stupid Rocketman giving tensions to the world.

      Delete
  21. Anay is so kind and doing so much charity work !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your arrangement of various fruits in a basket is so nice, and so is your wrapping. A heartfelt, luxury fruit hamper. Hope your friend will beat the cancer with his positive mind and your kind, encouraging friendship.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoko-San Thank you for your kind wishes. I also hope that my friend would recover fully as the pancreatic cancer requires a tough battle. He is getting weaker each day.

      Delete
  23. Oi anay... where are the updates ? Get thambee kuraagee back also la. I miss those days !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoiii this Kurage name is rightfully only yours lah dei. So don't label it to SK. I have lured you back, so you go and lure SK Thambee back.

      Delete

Happy Deepavali To All My Hindu Friends

I had a very hectic day today which drained all my energy. My car's air-con had a leakage and it had to stay overnight at the workshop....