Wednesday, October 4, 2017

A True Mid Autumn Story

I wish every reader a very Happy Mid Autumn Festival with all your friends and loved ones. I really miss my parents very much today for giving me the happiest childhood memories filled with moon cakes & lanterns! They had presented me many cute lanterns and I would always be excited to carry my lanterns to parade in our neghbourhood. I was always so proud and happy to show off my lanterns to all the kids next door. These days I only carry heavy laundry baskets to wash. Muahahahaha



A Full Moon Story

Let me share with you a story which I heard around the Mid Autumn dinner I had many years ago. It may sound unbelievable but it's your choice to believe. I had just returned home from United States when my brother broke out the shocking news that my sister was going to divorce her hubby. I could not believe my ears as I thought they made a picture perfect couple and her high profile hubby was always in the IT pages of the newspapers. They had lived in beautiful bungalow houses in Penang and even bought a 4 storey house in Hong Kong's Discovery Bay in Lantau Island that overlooked the rolling waves of the South China Seas. Their last love nest was in Damansara Heights and had friendly Dato' ministers like Leo Moggie and Alex Lee as neighbours.

My sister finally packed up her bags to move out and settled into her new place. It was not easy task for anyone to separate after many years of happy marriage and pick up their lives all over again. Did I say a happy marriage? The ex hubby two timed while he was flying business class every week KL to Hong Kong for regional business meetings. The air stewardess was definitely the best picked to serve on board the Business Class section and she became a familiar face to my ex brother in law. He was tall, handsome and dashing in his business suits. Their eyes met and phone numbers exchanged. One thing led to another and they always slept together in the same hotels in Hong Kong, before he safely kept her in his newly bought condominium in Bangsar. It was so easy to drive and ply between 2 homes! Eventually news of his infidelity went viral until my sister confronted him. He apologized after so many separation threats and begged for time to break up. 2 years passed and that was enough! He never ditched the air stewardess and my sister decided to leave him. He was also devastated with the reality and decided to return to US where he had graduated from Yale and Stanford Universities. He got the PR & Green Card after having graduated and worked for years in the Silicon Valley at Palo Alto. His mistress was pregnant and he had to stay back to live with his new found mess. 

My sister had a tough time living her life alone which she bravely picked herself up. We siblings rallied around her to keep her busy and away from suicidal thoughts. My sister was born intelligent, smart and with very attractive personality with her Thai Pan Asian looks. I am the only one that looks like a real China man while the other siblings have Pan Asian looks. My sister had a beeline of suitors and admirers before marriage and I was not surprised that she continued to attract many admirers after her divorce. There was one particular admirer who went head over heels at her and never wanted to give up. He tried so hard and was naturally being nice to get my cookie points too.

His name is Wayne and he hailed from Hong Kong. He looked very tan and had a very muscular built as he was running a construction business in town. He was also a divorcee with a young son at primary school. Both father and son could not speak proper English even after graduating with a Civil Engineering degree from a university in Toronto during the 80s. He was always trying to woo my sister and bought her flowers, dinners and even a big diamond ring! We sat down and ate dinner together too, hoping to build our brotherly relations. Eventually, I was stunned to discover his background along the way.
When Wayne was studying in Toronto, he often had to work part time at the construction sites as his parents had difficulty to make ends meet. He chose the construction industry as they paid well and it was relevant to his civil engineering degree. One summer day, he was working as usual at the construction site which was building a high rise project. He was doing some concrete jobs in between the floors when he heard a loud bang being shot out. He was shocked and frightened as it sounded like a gun shot. He sneaked out to take a peep below and saw a Chinese man running towards the building he was based. That man was staggering hard and dragged his feet with all his might to seek shelter. Wayne ran down to reach that man and realised that he had been shot with bloody wounds on his thigh. That Chinese man begged Wayne in their native Cantonese dialect to protect him by showing a safe place quickly, to hide him away from his enemies. Wasting no time, Wayne helped the wounded man of his 60s to walk using both arms to grab his waist and shoulder. It was a nick of time that man could safely hide himself in a dark room before the triad gang of armed enemies showed up. They questioned Patrick the where about of their targeted victim to which Wayne promptly denied seeing any stranger in that area. They believed him and immediately left to pursue their target in other directions.

Back to the dark room, Wayne found that man had bled profusely and he was dying from severe loss of blood. Being a street smart guy, Wayne knew that he could not bring this victim to any hospitals but to seek help from those TCM practitioners he knew which operated in the alleys of the Chinatown. He wasted no time and drove the half conscious dying man to get medical help. He begged Wayne to save him as he wanted to return to Hong Kong to be with his family. The slugs were successfully removed and the bleeding stopped with the help of the TCM. Wayne nursed this stranger back to his robust health several weeks later and eventually made arrangements for him to fly home. This man was eternally grateful to Wayne for saving his life and away from his enemies who had some long business feuds. He could not stop thanking Wayne and decided to adopt him to be his real sworn God Son. Patrick was being humble and merely accepted out of pleasing the aged man without any expectations at all. The man finally left Canada and returned home to his family in Hong Kong after making his new God son promise to visit him at soonest. He was serious in adopting him as a God Son and wanted to have a family dinner to honour and introduce Wayne to his entire family clan as the saviour and hero.

When it was time for Wayne to make his vacation trip home, he contacted his God Father who was very delighted and looked forward to meeting up. He arranged for his family members to be present in a closed door restaurant in Kowloon to meet his new God son who had saved his life. Wayne being his humble self, casually trooped into the very posh restaurant to meet his new family members. All the happy merrily greetings were exchanged, with all the bear hugs and big hand shakes. All the eyes were met and suddenly, Wayne's jaw dropped in disbelief to see a very familiar & stunning lady who smiled and greeted him. His new God Father's daughter is a very famous actress.






***


42 comments:

  1. Happy Mid Autumn Festival, TM! Your stories are always very interesting and riveting. I am very sorry for your sister, so sad. I am sure by now, she has rebuilt her life and is happy. Your friend's story is just like a story from the movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh Heh! You should meet my real person and hear all my grandma stories. In the past lives, I must be those story tellers at the tea houses in ancient China's hutongs.

      Delete
  2. Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you and your wife...

    I always enjoy reading your post...

    Sad for your sister...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and hope you ate enough moon cakes. My sister is a happy person again today.

      Delete
  3. your sister is such a strong woman to seek a divorce. I know of many women who chose to close their eyes and pretend the other woman did not exist so that they can keep their marriage intact. Did your friend Patrick introduce you to his god father's daughter? happy mid autumn festival to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was indeed very weak and had no choice but to ask for separation as who would want to share a spouse that belongs to other lovers? I think the pain had toughened her to be a strong lady with good willpower.

      I think my story had confused some of you as my sister did not marry Patrick. She married a European gentleman who is very nice and polite always.

      Delete
    2. Yes you have mentioned many times before that your sister remarried a Euroopean and you recently looked after their cats while they went for cacation. that is why I wrote your friend Patrick and not your bil cos I know he didnot get to be your bil.

      Delete
  4. All well ends well.. Yes, close the old door and open a new one, don't let anything hold us back from happiness... so now that makes you a bit of "related" to Lau Kar Ling! I love watching her drama series in the 1080s... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be crazy over her drama series too esp during the Police Cadet's era. Nowadays the TVB has lost its appeal. So I am not related to them as I have replied above that Patrick was wooing her but his amazing story has etched in my mind forever. My sister has happily married someone else later.

      Delete
  5. that is an interesting story...Glad tht ur sister has now pick up with her life. Hope she and Patrick can last forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister is a strong and happier woman today. She didn't marry Patrick as they were just not compatible.

      Delete
  6. Happy Mid Autumn to you and your wifey

    Hope your sister is able to find her "second spring"

    Your story is so interesting and true that now it makes you kind of "related" to Lau Kar Ling as Claire had said

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And from what you said, your parents must be such wonderful and doting parents to you when they are around

      Delete
    2. Yes I am truly blessed that I had very loving and wonderful parents. They have shaped me up well to be who I am today.

      Delete
  7. :O

    Wow! This is such an interesting read. I was so engrossed reading until my hubby had to ask me what I was reading about.

    Your sister is a strong woman to end her marriage and start anew. May she find her happy ending just like the fairytales as she totally deserves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you shared the story with your hubby too. Nothing is surprising nowadays as the divorce rates are getting higher everyday esp in stressful countries like South Korea.

      Even the steel could break & melt, so even a tough lady my sister was shattered earlier but the pain and past has made her stronger and confident to face her life ahead. She has been a happy lady ever since.

      Delete
  8. It definitely sounds dramatic.....like the plots in HK drama...
    So is Patrick your brother-in-law now? (not being offensive, just curious. Haha...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Patrick is not related to me as they never got married but remained friends. My sister married a nice European man.

      Delete
  9. Those TCMs are really one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have full faiths in TCM...

      Last night I managed to convince my Christian cousin about the Feng Shui theories & it worked!! Yay!

      Delete
  10. What an inspiring read, TM. It is motivating knowing how people rise from pain and suffering. So glad that your sister is surrounded by supportive siblings ..and Patrick, he is a brave, emphatic man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. We often hear many inspiring stories of how fellow humans walked out from cancers, divorces, mourning and war torn countries. Just that we might not always succeed when the bad fate happens to us. From this I learnt that support and love from family and friends are very important.

      Delete
  11. You're such a good storyteller...and I love to read stories from you. Thanks for sharing a rather private story. How many of us have heard of such stories circulating around air stewardesses out to charm, seduce and look for rich men while on their job :( I guess if they're single rich men, that's fine...but married men! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone who has met me felt that I am such a dramatic story teller. It really wasn't easy for me to put them into words and this story has been lingering in my head for a few years already. I am glad to hear your compliments and it is really a very private story. That old man has passed away and I will remove the name after my regular readers have read it.

      I had many friends who were the crew of different airlines. Their stories were shocking and I could write a book actually esp stories from my dad's younger brother was a pilot too. He was the match maker for the sugar king actually. How to write this story??

      Delete
  12. Thanks for sharing a private matter in the family! Hope all ended well. Happy Mid Autumn Festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing is always caring and hope that it could create awareness in some ways.

      Delete
  13. interesting story - it's very strange how life takes twists and turns, and so we really can't judge what will happen in the future based on our limited knowledge of the present. my sister is also divorced, but she has met someone else since then, and they are in true love with each other :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This world is full of weird and funny people. We just have to be cautious and alert always. Glad to hear that sister has remarried happily.

      Delete
  14. Really high profile life you've got there. Patrick very gutsy to rescue someone that he didn't know. True to his name..a nobleman and a saint.


    Going to have part 2?

    Oh well...too bad your sis and Patrick not compatible in the end.

    LKR is really very good actress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah! You want to hear Part 2 stories ka? You hardly read blogs now but watch online movies instead & your plants.

      Delete
  15. Wow, what a true story. Who is that famous actress?
    I wish I can have a God Father like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You missed it. Too bad. Buy me Dome's coffee and you will hear live story telling.

      Delete
  16. Wow! I thought I was reading a TVB drama synopsis. Interesting! Thanks again for sharing and highlighting to me.

    Your sis deserves the better man to be her husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she has remarried to a good and faithful hubby who dots on her.

      Delete
  17. That is a fantastic story! Highly suspenseful and full of twists! Although I got rather confused with Wayne and Patrick, are they one and the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to confuse you with their comments. Wayne and Patrick are 2 same persons. I just changed his name to a fictitious one. Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  18. Interesting narrative on the happenings at your sister’s life and her admirer’s kind attitude towards the old man… which earned him a family. Your sister sounds healthy conscious with her decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister had a hard time adjusting but with divine's blessings, she managed to start all over with a happier life and directions.

      Delete
  19. Glad to know that your sis is now puck up and starting her happy life :)
    Just kepoh, who's the actress ar? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have probably guessed the actress name in the comments.

      Delete

Hutan Lipur Rainforest @ Terengganu

HUTAN LIPUR LATA TEMBAKAH I made a trip to this famous rainforest & waterfalls at Hulu Besut in Terengganu. It is about 60...