This is my second part of my wife's recent trip to Kashmir for a truly relaxing vacation. If you have missed the first part, you may click "Here". This post will be different as I have sought the permission from the beautiful ladies from the "Maharajah of Kashmir's Harem" to share with the world how they went all out to enjoy a real holiday! A real holiday retreat means a place with no shopping malls and crowded touristy places like Tokyo's Uniqlo or HKG Nathan Road's night markets but enjoy the freshest mountain air, tranquil lakes and nature's beauty. I always believe that the higher the place, one gets closer to the heavens!
1. Kashmir is well known for being the most beautiful place in India for its spectacular view and scenic beauty of nature's paradise!
2. This will be a heavenly place when one wakes up from sleep to be greeted by snow capped mountains and golden autumn's foliage.
3. Their big tranquil lakes certainly added more charm to Kashmir for being a place to rejuvenate our mind, body and souls. A good place to do self reflections too.
4. The above collage of photos will show the interior of the famous Boat Houses. They are luxuriously furnished with portable heaters, bathrooms and a butler in attendance to serve the guests. You will easily be lulled to sleep peacefully like a baby at night as the boat does not rock like a cradle. The ladies had so much fun inside! Do as the Indians do and the ladies started to do their Indian Belly Dance to prepare for the Maharajah's visit. They happily danced, shook and jumped until the boat started rocking to make waves on the lake. Luckily no tsunami happened. Kekekeke...
5. It was supposed to be their maiden trip to see the world's best autumn foliage in Kashmir, but the heavens decided something else for them. The weather got colder and colder as my wife texted me. I had warned her earlier that the global temperature has gone cuckoo and their temperature has hinted that it would snow as it gets below 5 degrees Celsius!
6. Wow! It really rained snow! It was plenty of big drops of snow falling from the skies! Never mind the autumn leaves, the happy ladies went out to celebrate and kissed the snow. It was the most memorable moment for those who had seen actual snow falling from the skies. Everyone loves snow!
7. The snow is always a happy and pretty sight when they fall and cover all the streets. I have survived in the brutal winters of Pennsylvania and had seen the heaviest and thickest snow piling up to over 8 feet high. I could not open my apartment's iced frozen door and had to climb down from the first floor window to get to college. It was no fun! I wished we could sleep and wait for TV announcement which often reported that snow storms had again closed all schools in the North American states. Those were sweetest memories!
8. When the weather is freezing cold, all the ladies would be too happy and shivering! Nobody wants to fight but to stay close and hug each other! Look at them in the photo!
9. When we are shivering we need warm gloves of the best quality. Otherwise you can drink hot coffee and warm your hands at any available heaters on the street, Here in Kashmir, this gentle man used the traditional burning flames from his pot.
10. Monkey See, Monkey Do!.... The pretty ladies just followed and warmed their hands. It was good experience to see the local folks lived in the cold climate. Thanks to our sunny Malaysia.
11. My darling with her friend.
12. On the boat scene.
13. The random street photos of the shops..
14. More shops available but no shopping malls in Kashmir.
15. Stalls selling vegetable supplies. I believe they are imported from all over India.
16. A fruit juice stall. I see so many crates of yellow lemons! I never drank lemon juice in Winter so I should try soon.
17. My honey with another friend.
18. They serve and sell dried fruits and nuts everywhere. They are my favourite snacks while I am updating my blog. So mahal!
19. A frozen fountain place.
20. The pretty ladies visited the Kashmir University's small campus and happily posed so many photos!
21. The whole gang of beautiful ladies truly enjoyed their trip. See how happy they were and could still jump 100 times! Don't play-play as they are all the Queens of Belly Dance with the strongest hips and legs like a mountain Ox!
A Big Thank You for their permission to share their photos and hopefully the Part 3 of Taj Mahal photos will be posted soon. Stay tuned!
Wow! Kashmir is my next destination!ReplyDelete
Yes! You should stop visiting Thailand and head to India.Delete
The last photo is my favourite, everybody looking so energetic and happy!ReplyDelete
I wonder what tonic they drank to jump so high!Delete
I like the snowman graphic on photo #6, so cute!ReplyDelete
Thank you. I took hours to draw that snow man with a mouse. My brains are so rusty now.Delete
Wah you did two pretty collage of photos for your wife here - snowing and autumn that shows you are missing your creativs art work days of long ago. Are these ladies planning a trip to climb Mount Everest in the future?ReplyDelete
It was fun to draw again but age has slowed down my speed. It took hours instead of 10 minutes. LOLDelete
I am not sure where will be their next trip but my wife will join a gang of IRONMAN runners to hike the Everest Base Camp in April. It will be a 16-day hike and I am not even qualified to join. So shy...cover my head with paper bag.
Thanks for sharing such beautiful photos of happy people!ReplyDelete
You are welcome. You can suggest the Chan-Family trip to Kashmir for a yoga retreat.Delete
nice vacation she had with the ladies. I wish to be in the gang too!ReplyDelete
You are more blessed to follow your office gang where all expenses are fully paid always. Jeles mode now.Delete
Amazing scenery! The ladies look like they had a great time in spite of the extreme cold. I actually enjoy cold weather.ReplyDelete
You need a holiday right now. You have not been anywhere for 2-3 years but busy making money and baking all weeks.Delete
Wah so nice la!ReplyDelete
All the photos with happy beautiful ladies and equally breathtaking scenery.
Yeah it was so nice and shiok for them. Their faces spelled all the happiness and fun. Where is your next trip? OKINAWA???Delete
Such a fun trip!ReplyDelete
I started to think joining a tour is sometimes more fun than free & easy trips.Delete
Wow, these pretty autumn ladies really know how to have a good time! ;D The photos will mean nothing if not accompanied by your beautiful montage and writing! ;)ReplyDelete
Thank you for your very kind words. I think I would write more bombastic if I had gone on this trip too. That also depends on my angin lah. This year 2018 has been a "Year Of Angin" for me. WakakakakaDelete
Wow, looks like fun! I would love to visit Kashmir too! xoxoReplyDelete
Hope you will visit Kashmir soon but there is no shopping malls for you.Delete
You really took extra effort to do the photo collage for your wife trip. Thumbs up! The more I read about Kashmir, the more I want put this place on top of my bucket list. I'm more interested to go Kashmir than Jaipur or New Delhi.ReplyDelete
I have seen all the snowy mountains of Europe from your blog posts. It would be nice for you to see from the Himalayan sides for a change.Delete
I can imagine their enthusiasm and joy especially in a group where all can click well and have fun!!ReplyDelete
It was like 'Birds Of Feather Flocks Together' that made their trip so enjoyable. I had traveled in groups before but the Chemistry was not always right for me.Delete
Lovely photos on the pretty ladies enjoying the most beautiful place on earth! I wonder could I withstand such cold weather while the ladies jumping out the vehicle to experience snow. Thanks for sharing the photosReplyDelete
I cannot stand cold weather and you better believe it because even in my house, I don't on air-cod, hehe :P So I think it's impossible for me to travel during winter and your 8ft snow really frightened me!ReplyDelete