It was the 4th time my wife participated in Stan-Chart's big run yesterday. She had to run and fulfill her support from all the well wishers who donated generously to The Hospice Malaysia so that they could continue to provide palliative care for the terminally ill patients. Thanks to the earlier downpours that sent the haze away!
1. It was a bonus that we took a train to the city at 5.30am instead of jamming the streets looking for parking space like previous years! It has been many years since I took a ride and enjoyed it. Thanks to Mak Glam Lina for alerting others on the road closure that morning.
2. It was such a lovely morning where some 33,000 runners from all over the country and overseas came together for this running event.
3. The NGO team got together to pose for a group photo before the 10km run.
4. My wife wore Mak Glam's red cap to match her cycling outfit which she felt was suitable to keep warm and dry off the sweat fast.
5. All the runners were restless and ready to be flagged off!
6. BOOM! They sprang off and ran fast like a pack of lions!
7. There were cheer leaders doing happy dances to cheer them on.
8. HIV supporters with so many reminders to Beware of Aids and go for check ups!!
9. LOVE SHOULDN'T KILL !!!
10. The DJ was busy belting out non stop music to keep the running spirits alive! I forgot his famous name. Adoi me!
11. The strong marathon runners had almost reached the end.
12. More water stations this year to keep their lips wet and running.
13. I rarely heard anyone saying thanks for the drinks! The 1700 volunteers did a very good job everywhere.
14. I heard their drums beating from half KM away! Look at them! They were so damn funny and very cheerful.
15. Take the clocks away and give me the car!!!! I have been admiring this white Hybrid model for over a year now.
16. The runners had to run along the right tracks to the finishing line. The left were full and half marathon runners with really fit & solid bodies! Kudos!
17. The TV camera man who beamed at all the runners for all to watch onstage at the nearby Dataran Merdeka. Pat his back!
18. All the tired but happy runners rested their aching legs and soles everywhere!
19. Here it was so hot and sweaty with over 33,000 people jostling about. Anyway I preferred this very hot scorching weather than haze or rain.
20. I searched hi & lo for our famous celebrity bunny runner Mak Glam Lina but bumped into someone else instead - Blogger TZ. He is regular runner who runs locally and overseas.
21. My wife says MANY THANKS for all the generous sponsors and donations for HOSPIS MALAYSIA.
God Will Bless You All.