Friday, October 31, 2008

Hell Officer Spoke To Me

I always had strong doubts whether the hell or spiritual world existed. I bet you guys also may have same thoughts unless proven otherwise! 
I will share with you how frightened I was!!!!

When I returned to Malaysia, I joined Hakuhodo Advertising which was a top worldwide Japanese advertising agency. We launched big giants like Perodua, One Utama, NEC Mobile, Kenwood, Kao Products, Hazama and lots more. It was a bitter sweet and stressful agency where 1 male art director went frenzy and slashed bloody a female copywriter with an 18 inch steel ruler after both exchanged tight slaps & rained vulgar abuses. It was fun as we watched them fight in the studio & again inside the elevator. Why? The female writer was a bitchiest bitch who deserved to be shot dead. Her words could kill anyone hence she made a good writer!

At work, I shared a cubicle partition with a junior designer, Teoh who was 55 years old then. He was so fatherly to me yet he had to obey my orders and that made me so arrogant. He often nagged at me for buying & striking 4Ds so often plus speaking vulgar rhymes & jokes so frequently. He was so holy & damn naive. I always teased him "Bad Dog" for barking at me everyday. So I called Teoh as "Chao Kow" (Bad Dog in Hokkien) He just laughed & took the joke well. He often complained that it was a terribly big sin to address him that way.

One day Teoh was so damn Too-Lan with me and went all out to find a book to show me.




He gave me this precious book - Journey To The Underworld.... written by some Taiwanese temples. I read that book and finished all the same night! I was so shocked to hear about all the chambers inside the hell. I realised that I probably need to visit every department in hell when I die someday. It was so gory and scary to read them without any photos!

Then there was a line supposedly quoted that the Jade Emperor of Heaven said that whoever prints & distribute these books out will earn very Big Merits. I thought that by making Big Merits, it might lessen my bad karma. So I went all out to collect money from all my gila friends and headed to the printer to supply me thousands of copies. All my friends stared at me in disbelief! How could a party animal like me suddenly wanted to distribute religious books. They asked me if I was sick or okay. They asked me if the Hell was real and I replied "I really Dunno lah"..



Months later, I followed a friend Maggie to a temple behind the Assunta Hospital in PJ. She wanted to register her name as her animal sign went against the Tai Sui (Grand Duke Jupiter) that following year. I walked around the temple and looked at all the many heavenly statues amazingly.



I stopped and stared at these 2 statues which I had guessed that they were Hell Officers ( The 2 Brothers in Black & White) I quickly summoned Maggie over and asked her so many questions about the White Hell Officer. I asked what was the written Chinese word on his hat, why his tongue so black, what he carried in his cloth bag and blah blah blah... I even questioned Maggie whether the Hell Officer was a real thing or just legendary. She surrendered as she could not answer me!



Few months later, I went back to Penang for a holiday and joined my friend Michael for an outing. You should take note that Penang has so many small temples tucked away from the main streets and they often have mediums going into trance almost nightly. The Penang folks would often ask the mediums almost everything under the sun.

Michael took me to meet a young medium, Ewe Chye who was off-duty and he sat down to casually chat with us. Those folks believed that Ewe Chye is the incarnation of the warrior deity Guan Gong's horse! I heard the horse fell and Guan Gong was captured. So we booed that medium lah!

Suddenly Ewe Chye paused, stopped talking and turned his head towards me!!


Ewe Chye - The Hell Officer is here now! He will answer all your question. He says he is REAL!.....
Twilight - Yikes! Why me? Why see me? Arrrgh!            
                                  
Ewe Chye - The Hell Officer said you wanted to know some things about him.  Did you?
Twilight - No, No.... Where got lah?? I didn't want to know anything. Aiyo!

Ewe Chye - Think carefully, few months ago in KL you met him somewhere!
(Paused)..... Blink!.....
Twilight - Yeah, yeah I recall now... it was the temple behind Assunta. Aiyo, nothing serious lah, why come to find me in Penang. So scared lah.

(Twilight's limbs turned soft like rubber bananas and face turned white like bed sheets)

Ewe Chye - He says the words on the hat means you will be wealthy when you see it.
His tongue is black bcos he consumes opium and his bag is filled with money....

Twilight - Oh I see, thank you, thank you!... Nothing else... thank you...

(Twilight in cold sweat and heartbeat like F1)

Ewe Chye - If no more questions, he is going off now..
Twilight - (wiping cold sweat away) Yes, thank you, nothing else.

Zap! The hell officer disappeared away!.....

I was so damn scared, worried and paranoid or days. I was so crazy & hired another medium where I forced him to find the same Hell Officer to enquire whether I had offended him in anyway... Oh dear, I was so relieved when he replied "Nothing, all okay lah"..

Honestly, after a while I started to wonder how the Penang medium knew that I saw the Hell Officer's statue in KL? I didn't tell anyone else for sure. Maybe it was the Hell Officer, maybe it wasn't the Hell Officer. Real or not real? real or not real? I went on and on silently in my head...

I will tell you in my next blog how I was really taken to HELL!.... I was 100% convinced that HELL is real and no joke!



So Don't Play, Play!



If you ever wish to have a copy of this Journey to Underworld, just email me your address & I will post to you absolutely FOC.





                                       

12 comments:

  1. FOC??? yerrr dun wan lah, like so scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar book too but with different cover. I have received an email many years ago with pictures of the hell in every level/stage. Yeah, it's damn scary!

    I think I have even posted those pictures before in my blog. Well, if you're lucky, you may find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.....

    when you going back to Penang again?
    interesting to meet up with the medium again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fable frog - Nothing scary anymore, hell officer can be our good friends otherwise I wouldn't dare to post this topic with his statue. Of course I went back to ask his permission. Guess what he said?

    calvin - I will definitely run through your blogs to see whether the hell was the same one I went to.
    BTW is that 8 pack torso yours?

    william - To Penang for Laksa yes, mediums never again.... later blogs will reveal how I kena charmed pula by medium. Urgh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah! So scary. I think I have read about some excerpts of Hell from the illustrated "Sam Sai Yan Ko" sutra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm.... sound scary... kena charmed!!!

    think of laksa, my dummy started to make noise...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is eerie.. for me, i just try not to talk too much in front of deities, as a respect or anything..

    ReplyDelete
  8. williamnyk - I thought you are christian who goes to church?

    william h- I am laksa addict. When my mood is ready, I will explain how I kena charmed.

    (sk) - Yes we should be respectful to the deities. However I didn't show disrespect but have built good fate with the hell officer. He showed me the hell later mah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting experience you have there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's incredible! i've always been a tiny bit skeptical about the statues they have in the temples & why people would bow & pray to them. but i guess the statues are just vessels that the spirits occupy..

    thanks for writing this.

    did you speak to the hell officer in chinese? do you think they only know chinese? were you alone with the medium? did he realise he had hosted a spirit after? did he ask you anything after? (i mean the medium man)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks anay for intro this book in the book. I found e copy of it online. Those who interested can download from http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=9LZVB2Q5. am halfway reading it now

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want I want...the book to the 'Journey of Underworld' tQ

    ReplyDelete

The Day My World Ended

At sunrise of 3rd August, my wife came to fetch me in her brand new car. She sped all the way through the morning traffic to Shah Alam. It w...