I was extremely impressed and amazed at the speed of China's development everywhere at their modern airports, high speed trains, tallest buildings and now, the "Biggest Building In The World". They had a void period of "Cultural Revolution" yet they have overtaken so many countries today.
1. Most of the buildings in Chengdu are lighted up at night with full scaled LED technology screens where they will have colourful patterns dancing its way on the whole building. Suddenly they could flash out live advertisements or even brief TV news on the whole building. My jaws just dropped in disbelief. I have not seen such buildings in Shanghai at all.
2. On our first night in Chengdu, we took their subway train to look for the World's Biggest Building which was opened very recently. It was drizzling lightly and we walked like crazy due to the GPS inaccuracy.
3. There are several entrances but we entered through the Global Mall.
4. This is the artist's impression showing how this giant building looked like from above. It has all the convenience to pamper all the families, business associates and tourists. They have hotel, shopping mall, Water Theme Park, Private Beach, Convention Centres and blah blah blah.
You can google HERE
5. The entrance is so high class and nice with all the shiny walls and polished marble flooring!
6. The ceiling is so high and brightly lit with impressive decors to welcome shoppers.
7. It was slightly warmer inside, so I flashed my jacket open to show that I wore 3 layers!
8. All the big brands are there!
9. Every country I visited, I must try their McD and visit their 7-Elevens as a ritual habit. The mall looked empty because I waited for everyone to get out of my camera's range.
10. I behaved like kids again and posed SK's signature "Running Away"
from loan sharks style.
11. I know I am naughty. You are just the same!
12. They used London as their Christmas promotions. Well, I plan to visit London in 2014 and need to pass the hat around to you all. Thanks!
13. My darling got herself happily lost in the maze.
14. The patterns of their marble flooring everywhere made my eyes dizzy.
15. We were hungry after playing & fooling around so much. We tried our first spicy meal at their Sichuan's Steamboat restaurant which was crowded. The misty air inside was spicy and stung my eyes to cry.
16. Oh My Goodness! My soup was red and spicy hot with their killer peppers!!! My mouth was spitting out flames of FIRE!!!! Arghh!!!
17. My smarter honey chose their herbal soup. Look at their huge vegies and the leaves that looked like IKEA's potted plant.