We visited the ancient Buddhism complex of Borobudur in the morning.
That evening, we visited the Prambanam which is an ancient
Hindusim Temple after a bumpy ride up the
Mount Merapi Volcano.
If you have visited Angkor Wat, you might find Prambanam a bit small
but its profound existence in Indonesia since the 9th century is indeed
a great eye opener about their religious cultivation and way of life
since the ancient times.
1. Candi Prambanam is an ancient Hindu complex of temples
located in Central Java, some 17km Northeast of Yogyakarta.
2. It was opened in 856AD during the 9th Century.
The earthquakes had destroyed them several times
but they were partially rebuilt again, as seen above.
3. Hide and Seek time!
4. I only climbed and walked a lot when I went overseas.
The gym preparations often geared my leg muscles to
get ready for all the coming trips otherwise I would
be dead meat.
5. AHOY! Here I took a good look at the whole area.
6. I was often amazed how the folks built their temples by carving
the granite rocks and carried them up without machinery!
They were very strong and determined with good willpower
to build anything.
7. Their ancient carvings on granite rocks are impressive and
illustrates the beautiful stories of history.
8. My wifey always challenged me to jump and climb mountains
across China. Being kiasu, I had to show my own competence!
9. Lord Ganesha is the Deity with elephant head, is the most loved
and well recognized Hindu God of Success outside India.
10. The statue of the Hinduism Mother Goddess Durga.
11. My Jubilant Jump after my mission accomplished to visit another
world's famous temple of UNESCO's World Heritage List.
12. The tallest temple here stands at 47 metres in height.
13. Come and visit this place when you are in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
I thank my wifey for all the lovely photographs
for my blog sharing.