Friday, April 24, 2020

Last Night In Busan (Part 3)

I was like having a whirlwind romance with the city of Busan. Many heartfelt thanks to my Korean best friend for driving me all the way from Seoul to enjoy the best sightseeing around Busan. He drove along the stretch of coastal roads for me to enjoy the panoramic view where all the big & small beautiful homes lined the sea cliffs and face the breathtaking ocean. These precious and good memories will last me a lifetime.


Poongwonjang Restaurant
No.38 Marine City 2-ro, U-dong, Haeundae-gu,
Busan, South Korea.


My friend brought me to a famous restaurant that served traditional Korean seafood dishes. It is located along the coastal area.




The minute I entered the entrance, I was greeted by a cozy ambiance of many blooming flowers of Spring. The myriad of beautiful colours and the pine wooden floor to the ceiling was a sight to behold.



The owner loves flowers! It was my first time seeing orange tulips.




There are many private rooms there with about 6 tables each.



My friend browsed through the thick menu and ordered on the recommendation of the Lady Captain. The array of food was served very fast with all the heating stoves started up for the broths. It was nice to drink tasty hot broths in cold weather.



Look! My eyes went very big & wide as the waiters could not stop serving the many appetizing plates of main dishes and banchan (side dishes). I looked at my smiling friend who gestured me to eat without hesitation. The plates, bowls & saucers totaled over 25 pieces in the end! It was the most delicious Korean lunch I ever had. I am thankful for my good karma to eat good food and have good friends.

I always remembered what my Korean friends taught me in America. The host expects the guests to enjoy eating non stop and drinking alcohol merrily with much loud noise, laughter and carnival like. You will also see alcohol being served for well wisher guests at all the funerals in South Korea.





My stomach was too full with all my intestines almost bursting at the seams. I ran to the toilet to empty my old shit bowels. I wanted to cry and faint as the toilet was at the very far opposite end.




Hwangnyeonsan Mountain




My friend wanted to show me the night view of the whole Busan City. He chose the late evening to start driving up to the summit which took 15 minutes.




We almost reached the peak and he had to stop because he wanted to smoke!




 The skies were enveloped in thick mists which gave a blurry view.




We proceeded to continue driving up to the peak, only to be greeted by many flowers on both sides.




This is the Mount Hwangnyeonsan Observatory where there is a big cafe for visitors to drink and admire the Busan City's night view below.



We ordered coffee and it started to rain heavily! I was patient and very optimistic that heavens would open up the skies for me after the downpour.





Beautiful Busan City at night with all the glittering lights.



****



28 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us Beautiful Busan City at night. Wow! your camera is very powerful to take such a nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I bought the latest Hwawei 4-camera phone before I went to England. It has those slow apertures for night shots. The camera shop seller advised me not to buy and carry those bulky DSLR Camera for travels. One sophisticated smartphone has all the built in lenses which a DSLR camera user has to buy different heavy lenses.

      Delete
  2. You chose the correct time to go there to visit your friends so you could see all the beautiful flowers. The orange tulips are so lovely. This stay-at-home time allows us to see all your lovely photos else you won't have time to publish all of them to share with you. Don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Korea alone because my wife joined some hiker friends to Nepal to trek the ABC.
      I agree that this MCO has forced me to tidy my house and my photos in the phone.

      Delete
  3. Your friend must be a chain smoker since he cannot tahan and need to stop just to take a smoke. Isn't he concerned about this health?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have given up advising him to quit smoking. Even the stories of the Hospice patients dying in unbearable pain does not frighten him. Smoking is a terrible addiction. Anyway he liked to hear the fact that smoking does not cause lung cancer for sure because my mum died of lung cancer. She didn't smoke and stayed away from smokers too.

      Delete
    2. You mean lung cancer can be caused by other things apart from smoking but smoking definitely will cause lung cancer for many people though some people have genes that won't get lung cancer no matter how much they smoke. Hopefully your friend has those genes.

      Delete
    3. Most cancer patients might suffer from painless cancer without knowing it. The cancer cells could spread from the spine to the lungs or pancreatic areas during the advanced stages.

      My classmate who was a heavy smoker and drinker had thyroid cancer instead of lungs. He has since recovered miraculously from Stage 4.

      Delete
  4. You are such a good guest that you make your host happy by eating every dish that was on the table. I see so many dishes I pengsan. Sure die, how to finish eating all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would have carried big containers to tapao all the left overs for next day. The Koreans would respect the restaurants for serving good quality and tasty banchan.

      Delete
  5. Not sure whether you saw my reply. No, kitten's are not blue. They are yellow. Did you see any street cats in Busan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I read your replies about your cat's yellow eyes. I will read back all other comments later.

      I did not see any stray dogs and cats in Busan. I think the weather was too cold in Spring.

      Delete
  6. One of the best photos i have seen. So shiok to enjoy so much delicious food with such a nice view with so many beautiful and colourful flowers. How long did you spend inside the observatory, chit chatting with your friend and drinking coffee while admiring the night view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed and waited at the observatory for over 2 hours. We left once the skies were cleared for me to snap photos.

      Delete
  7. Did you stand on a chair to take the aerial view of all the dishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't need to stand on a chair as my 6 feet height with extended 2 feet long arms made a handy tripod. The phone has wide angle lense that looked like a long distance shot.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy Busan, Korea through your photos. I like the place very much. Beautiful flowers and scenery and of course the food all look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a lot of flower photos around South Korea. Maybe I should make a flowery posts!

      Delete
  9. That's a very beautiful shot of Busan at night. I would love eating in a restaurant like that...the surroundings lined with such colourful and beautiful flowers...and, of course, that Korean meal of 25 dishes...so much variety, I like! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good dining experience for me to eat there to savour the best authentic Busan style of cooking.

      It took me many years to understand and accept their overall culture after watching the Astro's Korean dramas. Earlier I thought my friends were nuts for telling me about their social classes and all the extreme mannerisms until I watched the soap dramas. Once we understand another foreign culture well, we can blend in to enjoy.

      Delete
  10. So nice to have a local friend in each country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice if I am so rich like you and can adopt god sons in every country 🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  11. The restaurant is very beautiful and Ah Hong Chee loves the flowers! I would be very happy with the generous and delicious banchan. Ah Hong Chee can eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it. This restaurant is made for you with all the pots of blooming flowers and endless helpings of tasty banchan. Ah Hong Chee must visit Korea.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. I was stoned after the Bulgogi dinner with Soju.

      Delete
  13. Best shot of Busan! Ur fren is kind enuff to drive u up the hill for this awesome view. I miss korean food!

    ReplyDelete








  14. i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346















































































































































































    hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete

Stay Tuned.